This module will ensure that the students prove to be invaluable to their respective organisations, possessing important skills . The module will help them to manage multiple financial management responsibilities more effectively and efficiently.
1. Financial Management: An Introduction to the Basics
2. Financial Statement Analysis
3. Financing Sources
5. Capital Structure
6. Cost of Capital
7. Type of Leverage
8. Dividends Decision and Policies
9. Capital Budgeting
10. Working Capital Management
· Learners should possess a high level of motivation and self-discipline.
· Learners must possess basic smartphone or computer operating knowledge and skills.
At the conclusion of the module, the following instructional objectives would be attained.
The student will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of the financial management framework.
2. Accurately analyse financial statements in order to make better informed decisions for a company.
3. Determine appropriate financing sources for a particular project.
4. Evaluate the cost of capital for a specific investment.
5. Describe the advantages and disadvantages of leverage.
6. Make dividend policy recommendations to a corporation.
7. Determine and appraise potential investments value to the corporation.
8. Assess the financial health of a corporation through its working capital ratios.