This module offers opportunity for senior-level managers to acquire export insights, explore leadership and people management concepts and examine actionable strategies for building the kind of leadership and people management to enable employees to deliver their optimum performance, this module also aims to provide students with the ideas, frameworks and tools required in creating an environment and culture in which individuals feel compelled to innovate and contribute to a transforming work environment.
1. Fundamentals of Leadership
2. Types of Leadership
3. What Makes an Effective Leader
4. Leadership Characteristics and Behaviours
5. Creating a Competent Leader
6. The Power of Networks in Organisations
· Learners should possess a high level of motivation and self-discipline.
· Learners must possess basic smartphone or computer operating knowledge and skills.
At the conclusion of the module, the following instructional objectives would be attained.
The student will be able to:
1. Incorporate the characteristics of good leadership into corporate projects and routine work.
2. Explain why different types of leadership styles impacts on a company’s culture.
3. Map out the qualities, characteristics and behaviours of an effective leader and choose one that will
work with a particular organisation leadership style.
4. Categorize organisational networks both official and unofficial roles in good leadership.