This module examines the design and control of systems needed for the efficient use of materials, human resource and equipment. It also discusses allocation of financial resources, facilities and information in the development of competitive products and services.
1. Operational Management: An Introduction to the Basics
2. Key Components of Organisational Design
3. Operational Plans & Controls
4. Organizing for Improvements
5. Corporate Social Responsibility
· Learners should possess a high level of motivation and self-discipline.
· Learners must possess basic smartphone or computer operating knowledge and skills.
At the conclusion of the module, the following instructional objectives would be attained.
The student will be able to:
1. Develop an understanding of the operations management framework.
2. Evaluate the key operational components of a company.
3. Organise the operations for the betterment of a company.
4. Inspect and revise the operational plans and controls of a company.
5. Develop a sociality responsible operational plan.