In the travel and tourism industry, it is important that companies in the travel industry stay up-to-date with consumers’ wants and needs. This module looks at the trends in the tourism industry by exploring topics such as booking trends, destination insights, marketing in the travel industry, and travel budgets.
1. Introduction to Trends in Travel and Tourism
2. Mission, Visions, and Values of a Travel Company
3. Travel Marketing
4. Strategic Short-term Plans
5. Strategic Long-Term Plan
6. Destination Trends
· Learners should possess a high level of motivation and self-discipline.
· Learners must possess basic smartphone or computer operating knowledge and skills.
After completing this module learners will be able to:
1. Define travel and tourism terms
2. Discuss travel marketing
3. Outline short-term and long-term plans of a company
4. Determine new cost-efficient travel destinations
5. Develop strategic management plans