From a small hillside garden inn to a large mega resort, the hotel and hospitality businesses requires large amounts of energy, water, and other important resources. This module looks into how the hospitality industry can decrease its usage of resources, and take a more sustainable approach to managing their impact on the environment.
1. Introduction to Sustainable Hotel and Hospitality Management
2. Sustainability and Management
3. Eco Friendly Hotels and Resorts
4. Conservation Management
5. Strategy and the Sustainable Approach
· Learners should possess a high level of motivation and self-discipline.
· Learners must possess basic smartphone or computer operating knowledge and skills.
After completing this module a student will be able to:
1. Define sustainable hotel and hospitality management terms.
2. Determine sustainable and echo friendly approaches to hotel and hospitality management.
3. Discuss and articulate how sustainable management practices effect the environment.
4. Explain sustainable strategies for the hospitality and hotel industry.
5. Assess a hotel’s green practices.
6. Develop green recommendation for a hotel.