The Housekeeping division of a hotel is an integral part of hotel management, and is responsible for the hotel running smoothly behinds the scenes, and staying clean. This course will give a student an understanding of the responsibilities of managing the housekeeping division, inventory management, and cleaning procedures.
1. Introduction to Housekeeping Management
2. HR and Housekeeping Management
3. Housekeeping and Inventory Management
4. Housekeeping and Sustainable Cleaning Practices
5. Housekeeping and Back-Office activities.
· Learners should possess a high level of motivation and self-discipline.
· Learners must possess basic smartphone or computer operating knowledge and skills.
After completing this module learners will be able to:
1. Define housekeeping management terms
2. Discuss sustainable cleaning practices
3. Examine housekeeping HR needs
4. Assess housekeeping inventory demands
5. Critique housekeeping management practices
6. Develop a housekeeping staff retention analysis