The European International University, EIU-Paris, is a household name for affordable, yet high quality international tertiary education, worldwide. This is accomplished through our existing and new local partners , who advocate for, and advance our presence in different parts of the world, while preserving local contexts, dynamics and learning needs and styles. We are also proud to be the world's renown force behind the blockchain technology and its role in the provision of enhanced digital learning experiences for our current and future students i.e., PEDAGOG.
The European International University, EIU-Paris, envisions to become a household name for affordable, yet high quality international tertiary education, worldwide. This is accomplished through our existing and new local partners, who advocate for, and advance our presence in different parts of the world, while preserving local contexts, dynamics and learning needs and styles. We also intend to be the world's renown force behind promoting the blockchain technology and its role in the provision of enhanced digital learning experiences for our current and future students.
The European International University, EIU-Paris, intends to provide accessible and affordable education delivered through a flexible, competency-based online learning environment to support student development of a lifelong learning mindset, adaptability essential for future successes, and meaningful application of knowledge in industry-focused contexts.
OUR CORE VALUES
COMPETENCY & MASTERY: Our overall approach to learning and assessment is INDUSTRY-FOCUSED, and COMPETENCY-BASED, where the attention is given to identifying key skills / knowledge gaps and assisting learners to build their mastery of the much required, specific job-related skills or knowledge.
BRAIN-FRIENDLY: Our delivery methodology is characterized by technology-driven HANDS-ON WORKSHOP format, engaging EVERY learner through MEANINGFUL LEARNING experiences, connecting academic concepts with real-life elements, in-line with industry requirements. Learners gain mastery over specific competency skill-sets through problem-based approaches utilized in learning and assessment materials found on our EIU – LMS (Learning Management System).
INDUSTRY EXPERTISE: Our team of curriculum writers and assessment creators are INDUSTRY SPECIALISTS, and not typical college/university professors. Their expertise comes from the industry, and they deliver sessions (online or face-to-face) from their professional experience base. Apart from being subject-specific specialists, they are TRAINED TO TRAIN other professionals.
INTERNATIONAL EMPLOYABILITY & MOBILITY: Upon successful completion of all the requirements of our higher education programmes, our learners would receive NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED and INTERNATIONALLY ACCREDITED university qualifications
QUALITY EXCELLENCE: All our programmes and services are INTERNATIONALLY BENCHMARKED through the audit and quality assurance processes, carried out by both the Ministry of Higher Education, France, as well as our international accreditors, on a regular basis.
The EUROPEAN INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY is ranked #70 WORLD’S BEST BUSINESS SCHOOLS FOR 2021 by CEOWORLD Magazine. EIU-Paris continues to be one of the WORLD’S BEST and MOST AFFORDABLE BUSINESS SCHOOLS of the 21st Century, and beyond.
The broad aim of the MASTER OF SCIENCE IN INNOVATIVE EDUCATION & TEACHING is to prepare a more able, efficient, internationally oriented, skilled teaching force. The programme aims at equipping teachers with necessary knowledge and skills, as well as inculcate continuing education mindset to enable them to:
o Engage in best practices to maximise learning outcomes.
o Employ sound educational theories and principles in day to-day teaching and related tasks.
o Provide creative and flexible opportunity for teachers who are busy, but wish to gain an internationally recognised teaching credential to further boost their professional careers in education.
o Contribute to the overall quality of education by becoming professionally attuned to a wide range of effective educational practices.
o Be part of a bigger group of professional teacher network aimed at advancing the cause of good education for all, locally and internationally.
The programme structure enables students to acquire the following knowledge and transferable skills:
· Recognised Bachelor Degree in any field.
· Sufficient English language proficiency (IELTS 7.0 or its equivalent) (If the above-mentioned degree is in 'English Medium', then this requirement is automatically met).
· Applicant should possess a basic smartphone or computer operating knowledge and skills.
· Applicant should possess a high level of motivation and self-discipline.
· Applicants should possess at least one (1) year of professional working experience in the field of Teaching, Education Administration, or related areas of work.
· Mature & high potential candidates without a Bachelor degree could be considered on a case-by-case basis.
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED FOR APPLYING TO M.S.IET.
1. Education Certificates + Transcripts.
2. Passport Copy or any Govt. issued ID
3. Passport Size Photo (jpg format).
4. Latest CV / Résume.
5. Personal Statement (500 words).
6. 2-3 Reference Letters (past or current employer(s) or professors).
7. EIU, Paris Application Form (Download from the 'Institution verification tab' in your dashboard
SUBMIT THESE DOCUMENTS THROUGH THE 'INSTITUTION VERIFICATION' TAB IN YOUR DASHBOARD
Please Note: You will receive the 'Acceptance Letter' by European International University, Paris, within a week, in the same 'verification tab' in your dashboard, after your documents have been uploaded & submitted by you and approved by the university.
ENROLMENT PROCEDURE: M.S.IET. Degree programme by EIU, Paris consists of 8 core modules ($205.8 per module) including the Action Research Paper. Start the course by signing up for a student’s account on PEDAGOG. Buy the 1st module listed in the ‘Courses for this Degree’ area and continue learning.
DURATION: 12-18 months. We recommend an average of 10-12 hours study time per week for this programme. The students are free to complete the course at their own pace and space.
DEGREE: This programme allows you to receive MASTERS DEGREE IN INNOVATIVE EDUCATION & TEACHING by European International University, Paris in 1 year only. The degree will be issued electronically on the platform blockchain. Hard Copies will be sent to the partners (Ceylon campus or Yebo Academy) for students to collect.
ASSESSMENT OF LEARNING: Personalised exercises & assignments are utilised throughout the course/programme to measure progress in learning. Such comprehensive assessment procedure is characterised by being diagnostic, formative (intervention-oriented), and summative. The student has to write and submit assignments of all 8 modules including the Action Research Paper module through the assignment lessons given in all 8 modules, which will be graded by the academic staff of EIU, Paris.
LEARNING SUPPORT: Our dedicated academic counselors are ready to assist you, 24 hours, 7 days a week, with any question you may have or any difficulty you may face while enrolling or studying in our courses and/or programmes. For immediate assistance or inquiry regarding your academic concerns or any other support, you could contact our academic counselors at firstname.lastname@example.org
GRADING CRITERIA: EIU-Paris follows European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS academic credits scheme). The ECTS credit system makes degree programmes and students performance more transparent and comparable all across European Union countries. In order to obtain the M.S.IET. degree, students’ need to complete 8 core modules including the Action Research module with a minimum of a 49% ECTS. Each of the 8 modules carry 7.5 ECTS (7.5*8 = 60 ECTS).
The grading system is defined as follows:
MODULES TO BE COMPLETED
1. EDUC510: EDUCATIONAL PHILOSOPHIES : AN OVERVIEW (7.5 ECTS) To introduce students to the broad philosophical ideas of education in classical times and to review the reception of these ideas for today’s classroom, such as idealism, realism, neo-scholasticism, perennialism, etc., to help students to understand how education has evolved and developed over the years.
2. EDUC520: CURRICULUM & INSTRUCTION PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT (7.5 ECTS) A survey of curriculum theories including theories pertaining curriculum planning and development, curriculum implementation and curriculum evaluation models.
3. EDUC530: DIMENSIONS OF LEARNING: APPLICATION IN CLASSROOM (7.5 ECTS) This module focuses on enhancing student teachers’ capacity to understand and plan for active learning in classrooms. The module will address class management; developing a community of learners (e.g., group work; cognitive strategy instruction), approaches to learning (cognitive and socio-cultural theories); and literacy across the curriculum.
4. EDUC540: ASSESSMENT IN EDUCATION: MEASUREMENT & EVALUATION (7.5 ECTS) This module provides comprehensive definitions of test, measurement, evaluation and assessment, as well as roles of measurement and evaluation in education.
5. EDUC550: PSYCHOLOGY OF LEARNING- LESSONS FROM COGNITIVE PSYCHOLOGY (7.5 ECTS) This module deals on the theories and principles in educational psychology and applications to the problems of education in a variety of educational settings, applications to curriculum, teaching and learning; theories of human development; cognitive and constructive view of learning; behavioural and social cognitive perspective of learning.
6. EDUC560: EDUCATIONAL TECHNOLOGY: THE 21ST CENTURY CLASSROOM (7.5 ECTS) Technology can be a powerful tool for transforming learning. It can help affirm and advance relationships between educators and students, reinvent our approaches to learning and collaboration, shrink long-standing equity and accessibility gaps, and adapt learning experiences to meet the needs of all learners.
CLASSROOM DYNAMICS AND BEHAVIOR MANAGEMENT (7.5 ECTS)
Exposing students of the range of theories and practices related to the management, motivation and maintenance of professional control involved in the education of children and adolescents.
8. ACTION RESEARCH PAPER EDUC580: EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH- DESIGNS AND PROCEDURES (7.5 ECTS) This module will specifically place greater emphasis on and introduce students to action research, a form of self-reflective systematic inquiry by practitioners on their own practice. The goals of action research are the improvement of practice, a better understanding of that practice, and an improvement in the situation in which the practice is carried out.
“MSIET Degree Programme is very unique for its structure being self paced and so affordable studying one module at a time. I'm on the fourth module and enjoy every bit of learning and working on assignments. Really looking forward to earning my international masters degree in teaching and being promoted as a PGT in my institution. MSIET from EIU, Paris on Pdagog really fulfilled my dream to shape my career without even taking a break from my full time job and being a full time mom. I recommend this course to all in teaching profession". Rashmi, M.S.IET Student from Mumbai, INDIA.
''The best thing about this degree programme is having the freedom to think of a research idea and test a prediction. I feel extremely lucky to be in an environment that allows me to conduct research on what interests me the most, so in all my time here I have never felt bored.'' Oliver, M.S.IET. student from SEATTLE.
''This course provided me with the skills and knowledge to integrate my Action Research as a teaching and problem solving methodology in my school. As a principal, with the help and cooperation of my staff, parents and students we have been successful in its implementation. I recommend this unique and amazing MSIET programme not only to teachers, but also the administrators in the field of education. I extend my heartfelt thanks to EIU, Paris instructors and Pedagog academic staff for their whole hearted support, even till date when its almost six months past my degree completion.'' Ms. Amina Al Shehhi, M.S.IET. Student from Abu Dhabi
The European International University(EIU-Paris), is a private higher education establishment authorized by the French Ministry of Higher Education, Research, and Innovation, in accordance to and in compliance with the French Education Act: Code de l’Education Articles L 444-1 to 444-11 and R 444-1 to 444-28.
EIU-Paris is also internationally accredited by the Accreditation Service for International Schools, Colleges and Universities (ASIC). EIU is accredited with Premier University status by ASIC, UK, since 2nd October 2018. ASIC is recognized by UKVI in the UK, is a member of the CHEA International Quality Group (CIQG) in the USA and is listed in their International Directory. It is also a member of the British Quality Foundation (BQF), an affiliate of European Network for Quality Assurance (ENQA) and an institutional member of European Distance and E-Learning Network (EDEN).
EIU-Paris has also obtained accreditation candidacy status, and is currently pursuing programmatic accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), United States.
The European International University is further audited and quality assured, as well as ranked, by internationally acclaimed bodies such as QS, ACBSP, ECBE, BGA, ATHEA, and CEOWORLD Magazine.
For more information about EIU-Paris Recognition and Accreditation, please visit https://eiu.ac/recognition-and-accreditation/